I am a bird
Friday, May 04, 2007
Secrets of Better Deal with Airlines...
I have some useful information to share with you all, I have a friend who happens to be working with SpiceJet airlines. He had something very interesting facts to reveal. If we go by the books, there is a myth till date that travel agents can get you better fares then going direct to the airlines. Wrong !
Here are some Hard but really soft to our pocket facts:
1) Anytime you buy the ticket from the Internet, let’s say from www.SpiceJet.com at any given point of time you will get Rs. 50/- less. Sound weird but its true.
2) If you guys can manage to fly on Tuesday / Wednesday & Thursdays, you will get much better rates then rest of the days.
3) Travel agents or travel portals give their phone numbers and email ids, while doing booking for you. In case of flight delay or cancellations the information parted by airlines via phone numbers on ticket itinerary, will not come to you. You may face a no-show.
4) You will be the first one to know the new offers / discounts / promotions / deals with the airlines even before they go to the print media, only when your own email id or phone number is there with airline for your previous travel. As shared by my friend they send the mailers to all the registered users (at least 24 hours in advance) as loyalty program for their frequent fliers.
5) There are travel portals charging high cancellation fee than airlines.
6) The promotional fares promoted by airlines are not allowed through travel portals.
7) Travel portals at times charge full fare for infants.
Note: All of you pls spread these findings for betterment of Indian fliers.
Currently Spice Jet is offering Ticket Rs. 99/- till May -07